Costa Mesa, CA 92627
This is a temp-to-hire, $14.00-$16.00, 6am-2: 30pm.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and schematics;
- Lay out parts;
- Order parts from stockrooms as needed;
- Bend tubing as required;
- Build and assemble valve working from engineering drawings;
- Wire valves as schematics require;
- Rework valves failing quality control testing;
- Print nameplates;
- Test assembled valves following established test procedures;
- Overhaul, repair and assemble special assembly units and product lines;
- Maintain clean and safe work areas;
- Operate drill press, as needed;
- Adhere to quality standards and safe operating procedures;
- Operate related production equipment, as needed;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations;
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Some experience involving component mechanical - electrical assembly within a production environment.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics;
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others;
- Ability to assemble valves;
- Ability to operate tube bending equipment as required;
- Ability to set up and operate assembly testing equipment as required;
- Ability to operate nameplate making equipment;
- Ability to learn to operate a computer to log on and off of shop orders;
- Ability to use various sized hand and power tools; and
- Ability to operate a forklift if required.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lean, reach, and stretch in assembling various valves and parts;
- Ability to lift, carry and move materials and parts weighing 25 pound or less;
- Ability to have finger dexterity and grasp and maneuver parts, components and fixtures;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined;
- Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Appropriate company certification in the operation of a forklift if required for the position assignment.