UM Nurse LVN - Temp - Day shift, Call Center
Ontario, CA 91761
Under the general direction of the Utilization Management Clinical Manager and Supervisor, and within the LVN scope of practice, the incumbent is responsible for working directly with Providers, contracted entities and vendors to ensure coordinated, continuous cost-effective quality healthcare for health plan members.
- Responsible for gathering of clinical documentation to assist the R.N. Letter Review Nurse and Medical Director with decision of prospective/pre-service, concurrent or retrospective reviews based on clinical criteria for appropriateness of outpatient services and care.
- Works collaboratively with the UM clinical team to ensure regulatory timeframes are upheld for authorization of concurrent, outpatient or ancillary services as per approved clinical criteria, including but not limited to, outpatient surgery, durable medical equipment, home health, etc.
- Serves as a resource for Health Plan Member and Provider Service departments for outpatient utilization management, referral, and continuity of care issues.
- Works with Contracts Department to identify gaps in provider network.
- Responsible for assisting with the letter of agreement process when referring to Members to out-of-network providers.
- Responsible for timely and appropriate documentation in the medical management system.
- Assist with identifying potential cases for Case Management, Disease Management, Health Education and/or quality of care issues and making appropriate referrals when needed.
- Assist with identifying alternate payer sources such as CCS, IRC, etc.
- Responsible for working with Team Members to support the goals of the department and the vision of the organization.
- Day shift business hours, Monday Friday 40 hours a week
- Call Center environment
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years of utilization management experience in a health care delivery setting.
- Knowledge of Title 22, Title 10, DMHC, DHCS, and CMS regulatory requirements
- Vocational Nurse (LVN) license issued by the California BRN (active, unrestricted, and unencumbered)
- Valid California Driver s License
- Experience in an HMO or experience in a Managed Care setting preferred