Ontario, CA 91761
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities, capitation payments, adjustments, payment discrepancies, credit card payments and credits, cash deposit, check stubs and bank receipts, and update accounts receivable ledger.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate application of any and all cash receipts either in the form of lock-box receipts, checks, ACH/wires or other and various electronic payment methods for AR processing
- Reconciles 820 file to DHCS payables aging report
- Responsible to review and reconcile all HMS invoices and payments
- Generate and send out invoices for grants and special projects
- Some examples of the responsibilities of the CAS are, but not limited to: capitation payments, adjustments, payment discrepancies, credit card payments and credits, cash deposit, check stubs and bank receipts, and update accounts receivable ledger
- Process desktop deposits, wires, and ACH payments, and credit card payments
- Obtain and download deposit reports from bank, merchant, and other websites daily for reconciliation and reporting. Keep all payment-supporting documentation organized.
- Ensure cash receipts are posted in the proper period for month-end close
- Responsible for retrieving, reviewing and distributing the CMS Capitation file to the Capitation and Financial Reporting departments monthly
- Prepare journal entries and understand impact to financial statements
- Responsible for reconciling and collecting pending receivables for P2P monthly and annually.
- Reconciles claim refunds daily by utilizing Oracle Fusion and Cart Database
- Develop, recommend, and implement enhancements for the cash application policies, procedures and systems. Improve operational metrics by streamlining processes.
- Calculate and reconcile interest and pharmacy rebate payments, posting in the general ledger
- Responsible for collecting, opening and distributing mail within the department
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Communicate with various departments to resolve cash application concerns
- Monitors and responds to all vendor inquiries internally and externally utilizing the Accounts Payable inbox.
- Assists in regulatory, administrative and annual CPA audits including developing appropriate work-papers.
- Responsible for training new and existing Team Member by creating desktop procedures and or keeping staff abreast on company s new standard polices.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in an office environment, consisting accounts receivable and general accounting duties.
- Knowledge/Skills Required: MS Office, Intermediate Excel, Basic Access, general ledger coding, and accounts receivable computerized applications