Billing and Collections - Medical
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Responsible for private pay collections, assisting with financial arrangements, and informing patients of all coverage options such as Medicaid or Victim Crime Compensation. Management of all incoming/outgoing calls from/to patients/guarantors, insurance companies, and attorneys. Transfer calls to the appropriate department, if necessary. Thoroughly review, document, and resolve all customer communications.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ year experience in healthcare billing/collections field with knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare programs and commercial insurances preferred
- 1+ year experience in financial debt counseling
- Outbound calls experience in a professional setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide excellent customer service to include compassion and empathy while focusing on account resolution.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced customer service and phone skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
- Basic with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to pass background investigation