Business Analyst - Compliance (HIPAA, Medicare)
Ontario, CA 91761
The Business Analyst - Compliance Under the direction of the Manager of Compliance Program Oversight, the Compliance Program Analyst is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of the Compliance Program. Responsibilities include: process improvement projects, developing strategies for effectively implementing the Compliance Program, and facilitating collaboration with multiple functional areas. The Compliance Program Analyst will work closely with management to determine and plan projects to ensure Compliance Program effectiveness. By successfully executing projects, the Compliance Program Analyst will assist the Plan to meet compliance objectives, help fulfill regulatory obligations and best practices, and ensure a continuously effective Compliance Program.
- Lead and support Compliance Program objectives and projects to ensure program effectiveness and maintain compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Provide strategic project management support to develop and facilitate cross-functional work groups to accomplish projects. Provide creative, results driven, and self-motivated solutions to timely execute projects.
- Monitor project development and prioritizes needs; define project scopes, goals and deliverables. Pro-actively manage projects to successful conclusion and report status utilizing standard tools including project milestones, project plans and reports.
- Develop, lead, facilitate, and participate in relevant committees and work groups; create presentations, prepare reports, data, or other materials for presenting and training.
- Maintain internal work plan by identifying areas of non-compliance and developing recommendations to ensure program effectiveness.
- Develop comprehensive
- Knowledge of the elements of an effective compliance program and broad knowledge of managed care industry practices and standards including both Federal, State regulations and accreditation standards.
- Ability to develop, analyze, apply applicable organizational policies and programs effectively.
- Effective communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Resourcefulness and independent in solving problems; strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years as a Business Analyst or Project Coordinator
- Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to: Word; Excel; Power Point; Outlook; Access.
- Project Management training
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (not required, but preferred)
- $40, 000 - $55, 000 / year