CNC Operator in Santa Ana
Santa Ana, CA 92704
CNC Operator Machinist Basic Job knowledge and Duties:
- Operate CNC machines in an aerospace machine shop environment.
- Edits programs for CNC vertical, horizontal mills, lathe, transmit programs from DNC to machine control and back to the DNC, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, and proving out part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by placing stock into position.
- Ability to measure using inspection tools, such as Micrometer, Height gage, O.D Micrometer, Comparator, Calipers, and experience checking first article / first-run part, and sample workpieces, and adhering to all geometric symbols and standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer' s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Clocking in and out of work order operations, and documenting actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have experience in an aerospace machine shop environment
- Basic math skills.
- Basic blue print reading and interpretation.
- Operate various machines to perform specific operations.
- Ability to learn set-ups and operate machine.
- Handling of customer hardware using proper inspecting tools and methods.
- Read, understand, and check job routers for accuracy.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains safety by keeping the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Candidate must have at least 2 to 5 year of recent CNC machine operating experience.
- A good mechanical aptitude is required for this position.
- Ability to learn in a machine-operating environment.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Candidate must take direction very well, and you must get along well with others
- Candidate must maintain punctuality and attendance.
Working hours are 6am 2: 30pm
40 Hours Per Week
Work days per (5)
Based on experience wage $17.00 - $21.00 start depending on experience.