Anaheim, CA 92807
Under general supervision, the Commodity Buyer will source and select (with supervision) higher performing suppliers, negotiate agreements, and conditions to support commodity strategies and implementation given delivery, quality, and pricing requirements.
- Develop (with supervision) and execute approved commodity strategies
- Identify and recommend suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability. Develop potential bidder lists and formal requests for quotation or proposal purposes.
- Conduct supplier site visits and audits, to assess production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria.
- Identify parts that can or should be moved among suppliers in support of commodity strategies and execute these changes.
- Evaluate proposals from potential suppliers. Develop alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Negotiate final terms and conditions of purchase, award (with supervision) and administer the procurement contract to conclusion. Issue purchase orders and contracts that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- Use various Just In Time (JIT) techniques, including Kanban, consigned inventories, and others to increase supply chain reliability and lower inventory.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers to ensure consistency in communication and drive for improvement.
- Execute analysis and implement improvements of strategy such as volume pricing, blanket agreements, and similar tactics.
- Negotiate pricing and control costs to achieve positive purchase price variance (PPV)
- Bachelor s degree (BA) in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a procurement and sourcing role in a production environment in support of complex components, fabrications, and machined parts.
- Strong understanding of the make/buy process
- Experience with ERP business systems
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain planning and commodity management
- Experience with SAP applications.
- Knowledge of vendor sourcing and commodity purchasing practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and production planning procedures.
- Knowledge of material specifications, testing processes, and calibration methods.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Read and understand technical documentation including prints and manufacturing procedures
- Establish effective working relationships with employees, vendors, contractors, management, and other departmental representatives.