Financial Analyst (Healthcare, Excel)
Ontario, CA 91761
Kinetic Personnel Group is current recruiting for Financial Analyst for a Public Health Agency (government entity). This position will be based in the Ontario, California There are three openings, two level III positions and one level II position are open.
This position will participate in the preparation and maintenance of operating budget, monthly variance analyses, and database queries and reports. Candidate will also be responsible for the report definition maintenance, month end financial reporting package, and tracking of scripted funding programs.
Develop and prepare monthly budget variance reports and variance analysis. Development and maintenance of financial reports using financial reporting software. Preparation of the month end financial package. Preparation of state regulator (Orange Blank) reports. Participation in operating budget and periodic revisions. Prepare revenue budget and assist with medical costs budget. Prepare, analyze and reconcile financial data from organization s operations. Responsible for reconciling databases using Access or Data Warehouse. Creating ad-hoc queries, reports, and analysis. Coordinate departmental budget variance explanation and/or correction. Support audit requests for data and develop responses for internal and external auditors. Act as primary liaison with Information Technology and Healthcare Informatics departments to define and translate requirements into technical applications. Perform quality assurance and peer review on departmental work products. Any other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful. Quickly gain an understanding of data requests (scope and purpose) and to produce accurate and useful reports. Work independently or with little direction with strong initiative and meet established deadlines. Strong attention to detail. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and management. Work cooperatively and effectively on group projects. Cross-train and back up other areas of the department. Ability to multi-task.
- Possession of a Bachelor s degree in Finance, Healthcare Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three years of Finance experience.
- Experience in budget to actual analysis in Excel.
- Experience in developing complex reports using financial reporting software.
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial principles and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrative proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel.
- Access, Word, PowerPoint and SQL experience a plus.(Must be willing to learn SQL).
- Managed Care or related industry experience preferred.
- Experience in statutory reporting a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion a plus.
- Principles and practices of health care industry and strategies, health care systems, capitated risk contracting, provider network structures and risk sharing arrangements a plus.
Pay Range (DOE): $53, 400 - $90, 000