Santa Ana, CA 92705
Responsible for the hand soldering, solder touch-up and rework of a wide variety of thru-hole and SMT electronic assemblies in a high mix, quick turn environment. Duties include in-process inspection and solder touch-up of assemblies after reflow, solder touch-up of solder defects as identified by final inspection, had soldering of both SMT and thru-hole components, rework and incorporation of customer ECNs on assemblies per provided instructions including etch cuts, jumper wires, and component removal and replacement, repair or replacement of damaged pads and or traces. Must be able to read and understand detailed assembly instructions. Knowledge of ANSI/ESD s20.20-2007, IPC-A-610, and J-STD-001. Ability to work under a microscope preferred.
- Familiar with the ESD handling procedures of sensitive electronic devices per ANSI/ESD s20.20-2007.
- Familiar with IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies.
- Familiar with IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies.
- Read and understand Assembly Instructions and notes.
- Interpret part values by means of color code or numerical values.
- Confirm part value by us of a digital multi-meter.
- Identify manufacturer s part number markings on various components.
- Identify critical component features:
- Package type
- Package size
- ROHS of non-ROHS compliance and compatibility.
- Components requiring special processing such as moisture sensitivity requiring bake out.
- Package type
- Identify, document, and report non-conforming material.
- Proper use of solder iron and hot air gun to install, remove, replace, or touch-up various thru-hole and surface mount components down to 0201 package size and fine pitch BGA.
- Proper use of various hand tools such as wire cutters, wire strippers, wire crimpers, Exacto knife to perform assembly and rework for thru-hole and surface mount applications.
- Proper use of solder wire and flux.
- Proper use of rework wire to 36 gauge.
- J-STD-001D Modules 1 to 5
- Work Instruction 7310-001 and 8300-001