Industrial Engineer- $75K in Anaheim Hills
Anaheim, CA 92807
Under general supervision, the Industrial Engineer II plans, coordinates, and manages the company s industrial engineering projects and programs. Perform related functions as needed.
Examples of Essential Functions
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the class.
- Plan, organize, and manage industrial engineering projects and programs.
- Coordinate, assign, and track the completion of tasks by professional and technical staff in accordance with established goals and work plans.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment given design standards.
- Develop and review work methods to improve efficiency and safety and determine appropriate layout for new or modified equipment and machinery.
- Analyze and optimize workflow following methods of KAIZEN, lean manufacturing, improving productivity, process optimization and operational safety.
- Establish time standards for particular production processes. Document and revise production processes as work instructions, digital procedures, or test procedures to be used as standard operating procedures by production.
- Prepare and analyze the time taken to perform a task or to complete a particular production stage to set performance standards.
- Design and support automated, semi-automated manufacturing assembly and quality control test systems, using hardware-software technologies.
- Analyze, document and change new and existing routers/and or bills of materials, using SAP/R3 software.
- Lead Hazmat Storage, Containment and Recovery Team and work closely with other engineering staff and management representatives related to engineering and manufacturing processes.
Education/Training: Bachelor s degree in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, or a related field.
Five or more years of industrial engineering, project management, and technical manufacturing experience is required, including some experience in a leadership capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project management practices.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering principles, standards, and practices (LEAN manufacturing and Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of machine shop procedures, safety practices, engineering methods, design and drafting standards (GD&T), hazardous materials management, and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of hardware and software principles related to the concept and design of manufacturing and quality control test systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Creo/ProE CAD design, SolidWorks, XML, Labview programming, Oracle databases and SAP software applications.
- Knowledge of principles of statistics, algebra, and geometry.
- Operate personal computer to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized applications (Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Operate a calculator, facsimile equipment and related office equipment.
- Manage and conduct industrial engineering analyses involving equipment and work processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, consultants, and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and assign tasks to meet deadlines.