Injection Mold Technician
Colton, CA 92324
Summary: Sets up and adjusts one or more injection molding machines to meet specifications by performing the following duties.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Requisitions material required meeting production goals.
- Lifts specified molds by using hoist and secures mold in machine.
- Bolts mold into position and adjusts stroke of ram.
- Connects water hose to cooling system of mold.
- Preheats mold sections as specified.
- Turns valves and sets dials to control speed of machine, based on size and structure of part and type and temperature of material being used.
- Starts machine, engages feed, and observes operations.
- Obtains first run part and visually verifies conformance to specifications.
- Forwards proper forms in a job packet to quality control at start of molding process.
- Instructs operators or other workers in machine set-up and operation.
- Cleans and greases molds and machines.
- Confers with supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
Directly supervises 5 to 10 employees in the production department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees: planning, assigning and directing their work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.