Anaheim, CA 92807
Some of the buzz words that we look for in a candidate include:
Leaded and Unleaded glass tubing, Pyrex and Borosilicate tubing.
Hand Held Torches: The flame is a mixture of gas and oxygen.
Burners: Also powered by gas and oxygen. Mainly used in artistic glass working and table top glass forming.
Glass cutting machines. Table top glass cutting saws with small circular blades.
Glass Crack-off machines & thermo-shock glass cutting machines.
Induction Heaters using platinum crucibles with molten glass.
Polariscope: Used for looking at stress in glass.
Examples of Essential Functions
1. Read and interpret work orders and related work procedures.
2. Pull glass tube from stock.
3. Cut stem glass to required lengths using a glass cutting saw.
4. Set-up and operate glass cutting machine.
5. Use calipers to check for correct set-up and dimensions.
6. Form small flares and square flare glass assemblies on the glass-working lathe.
7. Cut 12mm glass tubing to length using the crack off machine to form 12mm outer bodies on the glass-working lathe.
8. Fire-polish glass parts and assemblies using a glass lathe and torch.
9. Visually inspect parts for flaws.
10. Log completed work order information into SAP.
11. Record and report quantities of accepted and rejected parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Learn and understand glass shop principles and practices.
Learn quality and safety requirements associated with glass blowing.
Learn to set-up and operate glass shop equipment, such as glass working lathes, glass cutting saws, and gas torches.
Use measuring tools, such as calipers, rulers, and scales.
Read and understand prints, manufacturing procedures, and instructions.
Complete daily work assignments within established deadlines.
Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Wet grinder: For smoothing cut ends of glass tubing.