Maintenance Mechanic in Cerritos
Cerritos, CA 90703
If you' re looking for a long-term position in a dynamic environment, this Maintenance Mechanic could be for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (as applicable to specific location):
- Maintain safe working habits. Identify and correct unsafe conditions.
- Repair, install, and maintain plant machinery and equipment. Provide accurate and timely repair of machinery and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities. Document procedures and equipment profiles reflecting activities performed to ensure longer life and minimal downtime.
- Update preventive maintenance files.
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system. Be able to navigate through various controls system programs.
- Have proven mechanical and electrical maintenance skills. Have welding and cutting torch experience.
- Have proven troubleshooting skills. Know how to read hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic circuits to correct problems.
- Be knowledgeable of AC and DC voltages, 3 phase power, AC and DC drives, distribution systems, HVAC and how to use measuring instruments.
- Assist on plant projects as needed.
- Reading, writing, mathematical and language skills usually attained through a high school or equivalent education.
- Two years related mechanical and electrical experience or a certificate from a trade or vocational school and one year related mechanical and electrical experience.
- Duties may require overnight travel, weekend and weekday work outside of normal business hours including emergency call-ins.
- Must have a current, valid driver s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and move weights greater than 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in manufacturing environment which includes standing, squatting and walking on concrete floor.
- Ability to work up to 5 minutes in temperatures up to 140 F.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck and small tools.
Pay rate is base on experience but will range from $22.00-$28.00.