Marketing Online Communications Writer -Healthcare
Ontario, CA 91761
The Online Communications Writer is responsible for gathering all information required to write, and internal external materials for the website; oversee the SMS and email marketing programs; and monitor and engage in relevant discussion on social media.
The Online Communications Writer will update content, graphics (working with graphic designers) and create new web pages on the company website. This requires in depth knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and website content management. The Online Communications Writer will provide strategic support for company' s online communications and marketing. To develop all materials requested, the Online Communications Writer will work with applicable departments to develop the strategic/creative criteria and work with the graphic designers and coordinators (and IT when applicable) to ensure all projects are completed and delivered on time.
The Online Communications Writer will research, edit, execute, analyze, report and follow up on all SMS texting and email program items, including designing messages for text and email campaigns, reply to Members, and stay informed of current SMS and email strategies, best practices, and developments.
1. Work with management and creative team to develop various internal and external online or website communication messages and strategies.
2. Facilitate, collaborate, and act as liaison for marketing partnerships with external departments & integrate relevant campaigns into the Digital Communications Text, Email, Social and Web plans.
3. Ensure digital items support original company branding profile and goals.
4. Consult with the appropriate staff to develop the purpose, strategy, target audience, style and length of the written or electronic (web) materials/copy. Write and subsequently edit online IEHP materials.
5. Survey creation and analytics.
6. Work with the Spanish Communications Writer to get all materials translated by submitting the approved English content to the Spanish communications writer when the project is routed to the chiefs and communicating any changes to the English content.
7. Track and update all activities related to the company online marketing campaign, which consists of display advertising (banner ads), search engine marketing (Google/Yahoo/Bing). Work and communicate with online vendors to launch new ad copy and landing pages and report on campaign results to upper management.
8. Recommend, research and implement search engine optimization strategies on the website to increase traffic and search engine rankings.
9. Work with the Graphic Designers to develop new ad artwork and messaging strategy for all online display advertising. Develop landing pages that match the ad copy strategy and messaging.
10. Manage day-to-day interactions and relationship with Web, SMS and Email vendors.
11. Develop, build, edit, execute, and update program strategies and content calendars (Email, SMS, Web, Social, special projects) based on analysis of data from program results,
12. Track, update, and report company s social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) through the Hootsuite social media dashboard platform. Also, responsible for collaborating with various departments to develop strategic messaging campaigns.
13. Track the traffic to the company website through Google Analytics, including updating the communications team and management on key metrics. Using the key metrics and data to drive website copy and strategy.
14. Manage social promotion budget to optimize spend. Analyze results and edit future campaigns accordingly.
15. Work with Digital Production Specialist to keep YouTube channel up to date.
16. Manage/Execute YouTube Ads.
17. Develop website copy for all department materials for various programs.
18. Post all new and updated website content in a timely manner, and develop and track schedules for ongoing updates.
19. Ensure material complies with the reading level required by the regulatory agencies. Run a health literacy assessment (HLA) on all member materials to obtain a 6th grade reading level and keep a record of the assessment. Update projects in the project management tool and ensure all timelines and deliverables are met.
20. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in company' s policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
21. Ensure all online member materials receive regulatory approval before production by working with the Product Manager.
22. Develop and manage the Medicare web pages of the Member Portal and work with the Product Manager to receive CMS regulatory approval.
23. Manage updates to Jive platform for the Digital Communications Department.
24. Guide and collaborate with Digital Production Specialist regarding online reputation management, responding to members in connection with social/web/SMS efforts, and website updating.
25. Collaborating with IT, programmers and outside vendors.
26. Other duties and functions as requested.
- Education/License: Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field from an accredited four-year institution required.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience in writing, formulating copy and editing in the following industries: health care, hospital, health plan, advertising, public relations, or other relevant industry. 3-5 years experience in digital communications including web, social media, texting and/or emailing. PC and MAC proficient.
- Knowledge/Skills Required: Microsoft Office Suite, website content management, Google Analytics, and Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud.
- $50, 000 to $65, 000/year