Mechanical Inspector in Costa Mesa, $25 per hr
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Inspector of optical, electrical, and mechanical assemblies related to LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) module backlight components, controller boards, LED drivers, and related interface assemblies. Inspector to read work instructions, review drawings, and perform inspections of sub-assemblies and finished assemblies, recording the results of the output of inspections and tests. Reports to quality manager.
- Perform mechanical/visual inspection in accordance with acceptance test plans (ATP)
- Operate various standard testing instruments with use of specific test equipment.
- Read assembly specifications, such as work instructions, charts, drawings, diagrams, and engineering specifications, and understand requirements, such as LCD assembly and installation of special features.
- Document test results and closely interact with engineering development teams, manufacturing, and quality assurance representative.
- May support engineering development testing and/or research and development activities.
- Recommend testing procedures and potential product improvements
- Mark items for acceptance or rejection, record test results and inspection data and compare findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards
- Dispositions, discards, rejects product or materials not meeting required specifications
- Perform FAI in accordance with AS9100
- Degree in optical, electrical, or quality control discipline.
- CQI Certification (in lieu of education): American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Inspector
- Preferably, three to five (3-5) years experience in quality control as an inspector.
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies (IPC610, IPC-620)
- Optical testing experience in a high technology environment preferred
- Familiarity with optical measuring equipment such as, photometer and spectroradiometer.
- Familiarity with shop procedures including recording results on production travelers, and MRP systems.
- Proven ability to understand technical drawings and manufacturing instructions.
- Experience with clean-room working practices.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills and computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office).
- Must have US person status for this position.