Payroll Accountant (Mortgage)
Corona, CA 92879
Kinetic Personnel Group is currently recruiting for a Payroll Accountant for a multi-billion-dollar mortgage company headquartered in the county of Riverside.
Perform daily journal entries, monthly reconciliations and various accounting-related activities, create reports and working closely with the Controller to provide management information and support as required. The duties for Payroll Accountant include, but are not limited to, those described below.
- Communication: General daily accounting functions to facilitate the accurate processing of payroll and provides additional support and assistance to the Loan Servicing and A/P areas as needed.
- Training: Completes required training to facilitate streamlined implementation of payroll system; maintains resident expert status inside Finance Department cross-training personnel as directed.
- Confidentiality: Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Processes Payroll Maintenance
- New hire setup
- Process all payroll Adjustments
- Processes payroll Garnishments
- Processes insurance deduction changes
- Processes W-4, direct deposit, insurance deduction changes
- Perform semi-monthly payroll
- Handle all Federal, State, and Local employment tax schedules and fees
- Set up new States for employment purposes
- Train & Assist Management with Time & Attendance
- Assists in the development of payroll policy and procedures.
- Minimum two to five years of payroll experience (1, 000+ employees)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred
- Mortgage industry experience
- Experience with paying out complex bonus s structures
- BS or BA degree in accounting preferred but not required