Santa Fe Springs, CA 906705108
Plan and directs research and development activities for organizational products, services or ideologies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates supervisors. Reporting direct to Vice President.
- Identifies, in conjunction with marketing and engineering management, promising areas of research or technology that address unmet needs and have large potential markets
- Communicates to senior management to overview of all products under development, and their stage of development.
- Plan and formulates aspects of research and development proposal such as objective or purpose of project, application that can be utilized from finding, costs of project, equipment and human resources requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible application justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposal considered feasible for monitoring projects, such as preparation of records of expenditure and research finding, progress report, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Negotiate contracts with consulting firms to perform research studies.
- Established QC assurance and production procedure for new and existing product line to maximize product quality and improved product performance in the field.
- Provide QC and production guide lines for new developed products.
- Monitor production and QC initially for all new products. Assist Production Manager and QC Manager in production and set up quality control of new developed product.
- Make technical data sheet and MSDS for new or modified existing product line.
- Provide technical information to customer and sales personnel for new products.
- Keep record of Certificate of analysis and MSDS for all new raw materials.
- Keep R & D area and surrounding area clean all the time.
Develops and tests floor coatings in laboratory
Formulates floor coatings by benchwork, scale-ups, trials, data transfer (internal/external) and working with validation process.
Confirms performance of the developed floor coatings by reviewing project specs, designing/conducting research/tests, reporting/documenting test results and ensuring validation process is recorded for future use.
Communicates to management regularly by sharing information, and creating technical reports
Adheres to quality standards, test methods and procedures.
Drives business growth and success through timely execution of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
Lead projects by using best practices for project management along with the ability to transition projects from product development stage to productions/operations. Ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frames, within budget, and are successfully completed.
BA/BS in Chemistry, Manufacturing Sciences or Polymer.
5 to 10 years of experience in formulating polymer coatings, specifically epoxy, urethane cement coatings, polyaspartics, waterbased and solventbased urethane coatings
Demonstrate the ability to use best practice project management skills to progress multiple projects concurrently understanding critical resource requirements and priorities.
Positive attitude, driven, persistent, and results-oriented with the ability to drive and influence without direct authority.
Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in project direction
Strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation
Ability to conduct data analysis, technical report and procedure writing and determination of conclusions are necessary. Good report writing skills to summarize project and program details and action plans.
Computer Literacy - knowledge of various software applications and the ability to use these software tools with regard to the management of project or programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint