Long Beach, CA 90810
The Storeroom Supervisor reports directly to the Purchasing Manager. Responsible for managing the storeroom inventory and storeroom personnel by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manages storeroom personnel and implements procedures and protocol in accordance with purchasing policy and related SAP assigned roles.
2. Maintains, receives, disburses and requisitions storeroom materials and updates inventory records using various transactions within SAP including but not limited to: Goods Receipts, MRP records, Inventory Cycle Counts, Vendor Info Records, and Goods Movement.
3. Establish good relationships with various vendors, assisting in delivery/receipt of goods.
4. Responsible for establishing routine inventory cycle counts schedules for storeroom personnel using ABC designation for identifying critical spares. Assists in physical annual inventories.
5. Assists in the resolution of any inventory issues or questions.
6. Assign work duties based on schedule requirements and follow up on progress of completion.
7. Responsible for training, monitoring and performance of storeroom personnel. Facilitate team meetings when necessary to ensure all storeroom personnel update with any new information or training.
8. Resolve minor storeroom personnel concerns and escalate grievances as necessary.
9. Responsible for any special projects as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
10. Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Lock Out and all other safety requirements.
11. Follow protocol in accordance to local, state and federal requirements such as OSHA, EEO, and DOT.
High School Diploma or GED
Previous leadership experience preferred
Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and production management systems
Solid organizational skills; attention to detail a must