Technical Analyst (MS Access, SQL, SSRS, SAS)
Ontario, CA 91761
The Technical Analyst s responsible for providing technical, analytical and reporting support for the Company' s Clinical and Provider departments, programs and quality activities. The Technical Analyst must understand relational database concepts, table design and structure, joins, data normalization, and data types. In addition to technical data concepts, must have strong understanding of research methods and statistical concepts to design reliable studies/analyses, and payment algorithms.
- Develops and prepares reports to support company' s clinical and provider units utilizing available analytics and data mining tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Applications (including MS Access), SAS, SPSS, Crystal Reports, system-specific reporting tools (e.G., Claims Application CRM,) or other related reporting software.
- Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent conclusions to data analysis.
- Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
- Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine requestor s needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted appropriately.
- Responsible for understanding the various data sources available within company for reporting and analysis, as well as a clear understanding of company business operations to be able to appropriately guide the development of quality program activities, including analysis and reporting.
- Significant participation in analysis, interpretation, and translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively communicating with the QS leadership team any project deadlines that may be in jeopardy of being met, well in advance of the due date.
- Document all analysis / reporting projects following established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an independent reviewer.
- Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into daily work.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
- Data analysis, data presentation, spread sheet and database capabilities.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, study methodology, and preparing professional documents.
- Basic understanding of statistical methods.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SSRS or other statistical applications are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word. Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong problem solving capability, excellent interpersonal/ communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor' s degree required, Master' s preferred. 3 - 5 years experience required.
- $60, 000 - $75, 000/year