La Puente, CA 91745 US
- Direct and validate all accounting activities including labor distribution, inventories, general receipts, accounts payable, variances, fixed assets transactions, journal entries. (Includes monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.)
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting.
- Analyze monthly financial results. Initiate and implement cost reduction recommendations in both product and operations. Explain variances and corrective action taken to eliminate unfavorable variances or maintain favorable variances.
- Review capital expenditure requests. Ensure accuracy of assumptions and accountability for attaining promised results.
- Provide weekly financial flashes with emphasis on action items necessary to keep or bring the facility back on track to meet financial goals.
- Formal four-quarter rolling forecast process is completed and submitted to corporate quarterly. Explain reasoning for significant changes from prior periods.
- Plan and develop the annual departmental operating budgets.
- Manage cycle counting inventory process.
- Make recommendations, focus management on products or product groups that need improvement.
- Assist with financial Tax Audits.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
- Direct any special assignments.
- Development of direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related specialty.
- 5+ years of practical experience, preferably in a manufacturing operation, with focus in cost accounting, in a leadership role.
- Experience with ERP integration.
- Syspro ERP system.
- Experience working in distribution.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in accounting, cost accounting, and purchasing.
- Solid manufacturing based financial and operational knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, operation planning, and cost reduction.
- Excellent analytical and auditing skills.
- Team oriented, flexible, and organized.