Huntington Beach, CA 92649 US
You will be learn how to construct, assemble, and rebuild machines such as CNC spinning machine and flow forming machines. The ideal candidate would be mechanically incline with an automotive background.
The main activities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine how to build assemblies.
- Lay out and drill, ream, tap and cut parts for assembly.
- Position and align components for assembly, manually or using hoist or forklift.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints and specification manuals, and plan assembly or machine build accordingly.
- Remove rough spots, and smooth surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts, using hand and power tools.
- Rework, repair or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Previous experience with machine assembly,
- Practical experience a plus, such as Auto Mechanic, Airplane Mechanic, Shop Maintenance of similar experience,
- General machine shop skills including lathe, mill, grinding, and welding,
- Forklift Experience required,
- Must be able to read drawing in millimeters, and have an understanding of the metric system,
- Have knowledge and can apply geometrical callouts,
- Individual must possess exceptional communication skills, organization skills, and presentation skills,
- Must be self-motivated, and a team player,
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy,
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines,
- Individual must have ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Ability to use shop mathematics including charts, tables, various type of measuring instruments (calculators, calipers, micrometers and tape measure) Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.