Inspector in Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Quality inspectors inspect supplier and manufactured parts validating product is compliant and document results top product specifications. Inspectors work with manufacturing during the production process by reviewing the quality of the product during the various manufacturing processes. When production is completed, quality inspectors are responsible for final inspection, documenting the results and perform the MRP/ERP transactions in company business system.
- Complete inspection documentation to ensure that the product meets the customer specifications as required.
- Work with production and support groups to resolve quality problems
- Identify material that does not comply with quality standards and/or goals
- Support continuous improvement efforts
- Maintain quality control records to ensure that they are legible
- Follow defined quality system documentation as required
- Work as a team with others in the quality department as well as with other individuals in the company
- Perform testing in accordance with acceptance test plans.
- Operate various testing instruments as required
- Must have the ability to read assembly specifications, such as work instructions, charts, drawings, diagrams, and engineering specifications, and understand requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a quality inspector in a manufacturing environment
- Must understand basic math skills, including fractions, decimals, and basic statistical techniques
- Must be able to read blue prints and drawings (GD&T)
- Experience using basic inspection and test equipment, i.E., ruler, caliper, micrometer, etc.
- Familiarity with manufacturing documentation procedures including recording results on production travelers, inspection documentation and MRP/ERP business systems.
- Proven ability to understand technical drawings and manufacturing instructions.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy
- Must meet minimum vision standards for near vision and color vision (with or without corrective lenses
- Pay rate is $17.00-$18.00
- Hours 2: 30pm-11pm