Manufacturing Engineer in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach, CA 92647 US
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Aids in the development and design of new or upgraded production equipment.
1. Develops, schedules, and controls a preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
2. Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
3. Ensures proper maintenance of facility machinery and building.
4. Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper upkeep at plant facilities.
5. Recommends, plans, and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or cost reduction procedures.
6. Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment layouts and the modification of facilities within the plant.
7. Provides engineering drawing assistance to help maintain current production drawings when applicable.
8. Must have passed yearly forklift certification testing.
9. Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards.
10. Performs other jobs and tasks as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. BS degree in Engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer is preferred