Long Beach, CA 90810
We are seeking full-time Material Handler for all shifts with a manufacture of steel and aluminum tubes in Long Beach. This position is union once hired on with the company.
- Move material from the warehouse to a Mill, from a Machine to a Mill or as second operation to a machine and as finish product to the warehouse or to move supplies to a machine.
- Move material by using a Forklift or a Crane.
- Clean sharp tails and wrappings from coils
- Relieve Mill workers during breaks
- Ability to work unsupervised Operation of forklifts and/or other conveying machines
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications, etc.
- Knowledge and usage of measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools Basic math abilities Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Use precision measuring tools and use common hand tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Successful completion of a post-offer hair follicle drug test, physical and background check
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Company offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, they have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.