Project Engineer $105k - $125k
Los Angeles, CA 90022 US
This is a full time on-site position
Monday Friday 7am 3: 30pm
Direct Hire $105k - $125k
Benefits: Vision, Dental, Medical, 401k, sick time, paid holiday, and tuition pay
The qualified Project Engineer will be responsible for the concept development layout and detail design of mechanical, hydro-mechanical components used in the manufacture of clamp, fuel service, tube connector, and special connector/quick disconnect products.
- Mechanical design, CAD system operation, minor stress analysis, and coordinating lab tests as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Conceptualize engineering designs to solve functional problems by finding unique solutions to challenging mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and thermal problems.
- Generate conceptual layouts using 2-D and 3-D design techniques.
- Design components and assemblies got prototype and production release and generate detail drawings to proper drafting standards.
- Facilitate tolerance stack-up check and the use of proper notes, codes, material callout and industry standards.
- Work with senior project engineers to size components and analyze performance.
- Anticipate, identify, and remove obstacles to work accomplishment by the team.
- Prepare technical response to customer Requests for Information and Requests for Quote.
- Support cost estimating activities for new designs, cost improvement projects, and prototype and test activities related to new product development.
- Support Material Review Board activities and schedule publication, adherence, and tracking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- +5 years of related engineering field (hydraulics, pneumatics, aerospace products)
- Proven record of designing functional mechanical devices
- Preferred working experience with filament winding, injection molding, sand casting, screw machined parts or stamping is desirable
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.