Orange, CA 92867 US
- Perform First Article, In-process, Final, and layout/AS9102 inspection
- Perform receiving inspection of raw material, purchase parts, standards, and hardware.
- Performs and verifies all outside testing documentation, for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews all completed work orders, product documentation, test, and inspection data to ensure entries are complete, accurate, and legible
- Program and perform layout inspection of forged, machined, and finished parts and assemblies using CMM, Romer Arm.
- Ensures that material traceability, processing certification, assembly, and testing of customer-furnished, vendor-supplied products or services, or work in the process meet Internal and customer requirements. Required to prepare and present reports on Inspection findings.
- Interprets engineering drawings, process specifications, diagrams, blueprints, test procedures, and customer specifications to verify compliance with technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Utilizes online data systems and electronic media to verify customer data and specifications.
- Maintains quality records and files. May be asked to participate in quality audits and surveillances conducted by internal audit teams or customer representatives.
- Must have experience in layout inspection and performing AS9102 1 st article inspections.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Prioritizes work in order to meet commitments and deadlines. Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with the supervisor when problems arise that impact the expected level of performance.
- Supports and maintains Quality Policy and 6 S standard.
- Contributes to a positive work environment.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance with ISO9000/AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and tooling, including preventive maintenance and maintaining the cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Detect, identify, and segregate non-conforming products.
- Follow instructions related to enhanced/additional inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-year experience using a Romer Arm and/or CMM using PC-DMIS software.
- Two years related inspection experience; or four years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to use and interpret customer drawings, specifications, and blueprint
- Ability to write quality reports (AS9102 FAIRs), business correspondence, and communicate effectively with customer sources and other functional department staff
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, and carry out instructions furnished in written or diagram form. Ability to use online data systems and electronic media in order to accomplish tasks
- Aerospace experience is a plus