Irvine, CA 92606 US
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as electronic technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing and circuitry
- Be able to test complex digital & analog circuit boards
- Technical competence, the ability to read and understand detailed instructions, blueprints, flowcharts, schematics and engineering documents, and pass all compliance necessary for technical and safety training.
- Expertise using common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment, as well as ability to measure current, voltage and amperage.
- install electronic components onto circuit board utilizing basic hand tools, materials and processes including the soldering process.
- May operate machinery to clean and test circuit boards.
- Follow work instructions and router operations to complete necessary work.
- Enter data into company databases to read work instructions and complete operations.
- Interface with Engineers to problem solve or ask assembly questions.
- Prepares components for installation - Form components by hand or automated, bend leads, precondition leads or wires
- Follows proper circuit board handling procedures while moving components and boards throughout processes.
- Obtains and maintains basic certifications in IPC610 and JStandard001 procedures.
- Responsible for self-inspection of product for any defects prior to moving product to next step.
- Maintains a clean work environment to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Associate degree or technical school certification equivalent in electricity or electronics is preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous soldering experience
- Through-hole soldering experience
- Re-work experience
- Skilled user of solder rework tools to include flow pot
- Ability to read and comprehend work and process instructions
- Possesses attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player within a small team
- Fine motor skills and dexterity; vision able to utilize microscope
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 6: 00 am-4: 00pm and adhere to a 9/80 work schedule note, shift start/end time may differ depending on business needs but will be discussed during interview